Friday, July 17, 2009

17 weeks

(ignore the bad hair and no makeup...I had been napping on the couch all evening)


How far along: 17 weeks tomorrow.

Total weight gain: 5 lbs!! I have been trying to consume more calories, but this dang little munchkin in my belly just uses them up.

How big is baby: Well, according to the charts, about 5 inches long (head to rump) and about 5 ounces. Which doesn't sound very big until I put a ruler up to my tummy and I just don't understand where he/she fits! Right now I am really having a lot of stretching and ligament discomfort, so I know the little one is growing.

Maternity clothes: I have been using the Belly Bands that I bought at Target (awesome) and have a couple pairs of maternity shorts. Belly band is starting to be uncomfortable though, as it just shoves the buttons and fastners of my pants into my stomach. I went shopping yesterday afternoon to a few maternity stores around town. Everything is too big or so ridiculously baggy in the rear, I refuse to wear it. I didn’t think I would have a problem getting bigger - thought I would think it was funny, but as I wandered around the mall and saw cute fitted tops and regular jeans and skirts I let myself have an internal 5 minute pitty party for myself and my expanding midsection.

Food cravings: None really. I drink a lot of Boosts (like Ensure only they taste better). In an 8 oz bottle there is 360 calories and lots of other good nutrients and vitamins. I try to drink them in the middle of the night so I don't wake up on an empty stomach (which can cause me to feel sick). I have been cleaning my plate now, which is new for me.

Morning Sickness: Basically gone. As long as I don't let my stomach get empty, I am good. I have some mornings where breakfast just does not stay down, but all in all I am feeling okay.

Mood Swings: None really.

What I think is weird: Well, sometimes I think the whole idea of some little person inside me is strange, and I know soon I will be able to feel the little one and that will be seriously crazy.

What I miss: Well, I must admit I miss drinking a glass of wine or a beer with dinner, sometimes. Other than that and sometimes being annoyed that I have to eat so often, I am good.

What I'm looking forward to: August 14th we will find out pink or blue! We just want to know so we can start working on names and the nursery.

4 comments:

  1. Now we are talking!!! Love the miniscule baby bump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the new pic! You look just as I thought you would as a pregnant woman, absolutely precious!

    Still want cute clothes, do you like the legging and babydoll shirt look?! You could wear them the entire time probably!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember thinking maternity clothes were SO cute...until it was time to buy them...then it seemed like the regular clothes were SO cute and nothing in maternity fit quite right! Just wait until after the baby gets here when NOTHING fits - that's where I am now!! :) Can't wait to find out if you're buying pink or blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a hard time seeing you pregnant. Lol. You are just so tiny that it will look really weird to see some weight on you finally! As an option to the belly band, one of my friends suggested cutting the top off of a knee-hi and looping it through the button hole in your pants. You can catch the button with it, keep your pants, up and not be in pain (because the loop is soft). Anyway-I look forward to more pictures and whether it's going to be pink or blue!!!

    ReplyDelete