Saturday, July 25, 2009

Knock, Knock.....Anyone out there?

JB and I went out to dinner last night for a delayed celebration of our 5th wedding anniversary (which is actually July 17th). We had a great meal at Bonnell's, a restaurant minutes from our house but for some reason one we frequently forget about when we want to go out for a nice dinner. The meal was fantastic from appetizers to dessert, but the neateast thing of the evening came while we were sitting at the bar waiting for our table to be ready.

I guess I must preface that I was not feeling so "hot" that evening. Physically I felt well, but it took me 4 cocktail dresses that wouldn't zip to finally find one that would and although this should elate me that both Junior and I are "growing" it more depressed and frustrated me. So as we went into the restaurant and were told we could wait at the bar (we were about 1/2 hour early), I sat in my snug dress and watched JB order his Crown & Coke and others sip what looked like fantastic glasses of wine and my internal pity party progressed a little more as I drank my ice water and then...THUMP THUMP, THUMP THUMP.

For the past week and a half I have felt small flutters and a few week thumps, but never felt confident they were anything more than gas or my stomach gurgling. These thumps were low on my abdomin and could not be mistaken for gas bubbles. THUMP THUMP, they just kept going. I started laughing and told JB. He put his hand on my belly - which is still fairly unnoticeable to the common bystander, so I am sure people at the bar might have thought us odd, especially when I said "I am pretty sure they aren't gas bubbles!". He said he thought he felt something but I'm not sure he could, even though they were more "to the outside". I can't believe that Junior was wishing us a Happy Anniversary! :)

1 comment:

  1. Things will sure be different now that you can feel that little one moving around! Every time it happened with Olivia (except for the hiccups much later on), it made my heart do a little "THUMP THUMP, THUMP" of its own.

    Try to embrace the belly bump...it really is adorable! :-)

    ReplyDelete