Thursday, August 6, 2009

Move Away from The Light

So, around 3am this morning I woke up...it is a normal occurence that I wake up uncomfortable and can't get back to sleep. It is not that I am so extremely big, but I just think my body isn't used to all its changes.

Since JB was not interested in waking up and having conversations with me (not sure why), I walked around the house...drank a Boost...checked the backyard to see if my new outside kitty, Kylie, was perhaps there (she wasn't) and then went to lay back down to try to get some rest, if not sleep.

Then I remembered that I had read that the baby can now sense light and will sometimes move away if you put a flashlight to your stomach. So, I decided to give it a try. It didn't work at first - Junior was probably sleeping like the rest of the world - but eventually I bugged the poor baby enough that he/she reacted. I don't know if it was the light or the heat of the flashlight, but it did make him/her move. It was pretty funny and I was excited to tell JB my new found trick this morning.

I realized also, this is just the start to my many years of tormenting my child...what are moms for afterall. :)

2 comments: