Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Shrinking Brain

Last night JB was reading his “Expectant Father” book before bed. He was reading out funny facts also told me that according to his book my brain is constantly shrinking throughout pregnancy and I believe it.

It took me 3 tries to leave the house today and normally I am at work 15 minutes after leaving my home...today it took me 30.

The first time I only got a couple streets away when I thought about whether or not I unplugged my straightener….I went back and it was unplugged. The funny thing is Sully used to get excited when he would hear me at the door – he has no concept of time, so whether he has been left for 5 minutes or 5 hours, he is still so excited to see you. However, as my trips back into the house have started to be more frequent, he now just barely lifts his head enough out of his bed to say “yep, it’s her again”.

I got back in the car and headed out, only to get to the edge of the neighborhood and not be able to remember if I shut the garage door. I went back and yes, it was shut.

I am always a person who can multitask and remembers to do all the I need to and more. This is something that I am NOT enjoying about pregnancy.

5 comments:

  1. Umm, yeah, it only gets worse during pregnancy and then it just transitions to "mommy brain." Worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear that's a recurring problem with my friends who have had children. You supposedly never completely recover from Pregnancy Brain. I love your funny stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a problem I had. I used to never need a calendar or date book to remember all my meetings and appointments. Now I have to right EVERYTHING down or I will forget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can attest that it doesn't get any better after baby arrives!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Women are natural multi taskers, there is just something about creating a baby, then later taking care of that baby that might stretch that to it's limit at times. Scott & Mike didn't give me as heavy of a workload when I was pregnant....and now I seem so scatter brained when I have Brooke with me too...lol. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete