Sunday, September 20, 2009

25 Weeks

How far along: 25 weeks, 2 days.

How big is baby: According to the charts 13 1/2 inches long and about a pound and a half. He is a total mover and shaker - I really don't know when this kid sleeps! We went out to dinner the other night with JB's grandma and he was really moving, so she got to feel him kicking and kept asking "is he mad?" b/c he kicks SO hard. I like to sit on the couch and watch my belly look like it is seizing.

Total weight gain: 12 lbs - long gone are the days of worrying about not gaining weight.

Belly button: Almost totally flat, but still have a little ways before it is contents under pressure.

Stretch marks: None yet that I have spotted. I have been lotioning like a crazy person, even though I am told that will only help with itchy skin.


Last Dr's Appt: This past Thursday I went to the doctor. I am measuring "right on" and next month will be my last "4 week appt", meaning I'll do the glucose test -ugh - and then I'll start going every two weeks. My how time has flown.


Maternity clothes: Yes, totally on the bottoms. I haven't really bought many maternity shirts yet - just wear my longer and larger ones.


How am I feeling: I am feeling good. Sometimes I get frustrated with myself b/c I feel like I am moving slower than normal. During the tax deadline I was working a lot of hours at my desk and my back was really hurting me, but that has eased up (and the heating pad is always a good trick). Basically, I just have to remember to take it a bit easier than normal.

Mood Swings: None really. JB thinks pregnancy mellows me, although I had a little bit of a breakdown the week I was working a lot of hours for the tax deadline.

Food cravings: Nothing too specific. More than anything the change has been that I will eat desserts, clean my plate and go back for seconds.

Milestones: Gaining more than 10 lbs. We put the crib together this weekend.
What I'm looking forward to: This Wednesday will mark 100 days left until my due date. To get to where our countdown is only 2 digits is really exciting. My sweet friends are throwing me a shower in October and I look forward to that and my family shower will be in November.

Current decisions being made: We have NOT decided on a name, but are trying to narrow it down. JB has been calling the baby Jack (what he wants the nickname to be if we name him John Bennett Strong, Jr) for about a week now to "test it out". I'm not a fan of it, but who knows. Other names tossed out are William Bennett, Lucas Bennett, Ian Thomas, John William. Any comments, suggestions, etc will be considered.

The other thing I have been working out is work....I think I have decided to finish up at working around the first to mid-November. I want some time to prepare for the little man and enjoy the holidays - so excited as we are having Thanksgiving at our house this year. I really like what I do and I am going to miss work I know, but I have been offered the fantastic opportunity to do some work from home for my firm and JB and I have been discussing how much I will be able to handle - I know a lot of this will be decided my the temperment of the baby, but I am a planner and would like to have some semi-schedule decided on.

No comments:

Post a Comment