Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Snakes, Snails, and Puppy Dog Tails

We found out August 14th that we are having a boy. My Mom and Dad got to be at the sonogram and so did JB's Mom (his dad was on a golf trip). I know some people talk about it wanting to be "just the two of them" to find out, but we couldn't think of a better way to share it with our families than to have them there.

I think the best part of it, for me, was my Dad's reaction. Having never experienced a sonogram like that before (didn't really have them when my sisters and I were in the womb), he thought it was really neat. He was pointing and calling out body parts - it was so cute. It is hard not living closer to them and I want to have them share in this time as much as they can.

I must admit, when they announced it was a boy, my first thought was "WHAT?!?!". Not that I could really even hear myself think over JB's cheering! Our family is all girls and I just had never pictured myself doing anything but buying frilly dresses and fixing up a pink nursery. I have definitely warmed up to the idea though, and am thrilled to be giving my family a really new type of addition. It is going to be so great to watch JB be a Dad, especially to a little boy. I just have to learn to throw a ball now and play cars and trucks.

Of course, I know everyone's next question - WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO NAME HIM? We have been bugged constantly for the last month - including JB bugging me demanding that we decide on something. We both fluctuate....one day JB is sure he wants a John Bennett Strong, Jr. (and walks aroung calling my belly Jack all day). Lately he has decided on Lucas Bennett. I throw out different ideas, but have stuck with a few lately, one being William Bennett (after my Pop-Pop, Billy). We'll figured it out though...just going to take our time. Funny thing is that amongst our friends there are a ton of people pregnant and now a ton of people having boys, so we probably need to "claim a name" pretty soon.

**sorry, I meant to put a pic here of the sonogram, but I couldn't get it to scan clearly enough - he was moving so much that day that they had a devil of a time getting a lot of shots**

No comments:

Post a Comment