Thursday, December 10, 2009

One day shy of FULL TERM (37 weeks)

How far along: 36 weeks and 6 days - tomorrow I will be FULL TERM.

How big is baby: Wyatt's size is a guessing game, but he is hopefully a little over 6 lbs.

Total weight gain: 25 lbs! I have been gaining about 2 lbs a week lately.

Belly button and Stretch marks: Flat and none yet :) Although I am very sure that my belly is getting bigger daily - from the weight gain (that I am hoping is mainly just due to Wyatt's growth) and b/c my skin on my stomach itches SOOOO bad.

Last Dr's Appt: I go to see the doc every Tuesday. This week I was almost 2 cm dilated and 60% effaced. He also said he thinks Wyatt has dropped as much as he is going to until I officially go into labor - although I haven't felt the "lightening" sensation that some people talk about and his feet are constantly in my ribs.

Labor signs: In addition to dilating, effacing and the doc saying he has dropped, I have been having a ton of braxton hicks contractions, some "real ones" periodically and lots of pressure. I am betting he will come a day or so before Christmas - but who knows.

How am I feeling: I am still feeling pretty good, although the daily increasing pressure tires me out and makes me irritable. I am also just getting anxious to have him here but am trying to make myself relax and enjoy these last few weeks of being just "J.B. and Emily".

Mood Swings and Food Cravings: The irritability level has risen dramatically but I am trying to control my short fuse. Eating is about as it has been...although now I find myself hungry but nothing really sounds good to eat.

Sleep: So-so.

Milestones: Hitting full term is the biggest milestone! Wyatt's room is ready to go. THANKS NANA! I have washed most all the little clothes I think we will need in the beginning. We have a good stockpile of diapers. I have packed my hospital bag and am feeling fairly "ready"

What I'm looking forward to: I am excited about this Tuesday's doctor's visit as we get to have our last sonogram and see him one more time before we get to meet him. I am also trying to make myself look forward to Christmas and the holidays and not get consumed with wishing he would just get here already.


Here are a few of the maternity pics we did this past week (Thanks Anna with Laughlin House Photography http://www.laughlinhousephotography.com/)





1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! Talk about a PERFECT pregnancy tummy! You look amazing and just appear to have swallowed a basketball! I remember being very anxious to just get it over with already in the end too....give yourself a small project, whether it be to start a scrap book of the 9 months while you and JB were waiting for his arrival or something to try to help pass the time!

    ReplyDelete