Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Update

We saw the doc yesterday. I had been contracting steadily all weekend and although I knew I wasn't in "true labor" as the contractions weren't becoming more intense, I was unsure why all the activity was going on and it was making both of us uneasy. Doc's explanation - "You're skinny and are going to feel every minor practice contraction. You aren't in true labor, so as long as you and the baby are still doing good there is nothing we should do at this time" - what a relief! So, now that I know I don't need to be timing them or worrying about them, I am back to ignoring them and carrying on like normal. I am still sleeping fairly good and feeling great. I have been so blessed in this pregnancy to have such an easy time.

We are still set to have Wyatt induced on Monday, December 28th, but we can change our mind at anytime, if I want to give him another week and see if he will come on his own. I think JB is a little disappointed that we are probably not going to get him before Christmas, but I am looking forward to a relaxing holiday week. JB keeps asking me my feelings about inducing next Monday and I want to wait until closer to that time to see how I feel.

Since I hurriedly got everything pertinent done by last week (just in case), this week I am doing stuff around the house that I wanted to get done but never took priority - organizing a couple closets, taking advantage of the warmer weather to clean out some scraggly landscaping, and doing a little more Christmas shopping. It is so nice.

Merry Christmas Everyone! I hope it is a blessed time for you and your families! We'll let everyone know when Wyatt makes his arrival!!

1 comment: