Friday, December 18, 2009

The Waiting Game

Well, just a quick update that the bug I had earlier in the week has gone away - YEA! I am feeling back to my old (pregnant) self and have energy again. Which means it was probably just something small and not the flu, but I am grateful that my doc was ready to nip it in the bud immediately. I am going to finish out my Tamiflu as there is no harm in it.

I am having a lot of contractions and up a lot of the night the past couple nights because of them and my brain going too much. I did manage to get all the piled up mail from me being sick this week sorted at 3am this morning, as well as making sure all bills are taken care of for the next 3 weeks.

I have to be careful when I sneak out of bed in the middle of the night as JB, the over-excited Daddy-to-be will jump up and ask if he should put my bag in the car. HAHA. I got a speech yesterday from him "I am 20 minutes from the house, Emily, so you need to give me AMPLE time to get home from work, if you think you are going into labor! Don't wait until the last minute!" It is so funny as JB is not normally a panicker - that is my job between the two of us. We had a nice dinner last night with JB's Dad and he was getting a kick out of it too as JB was telling him about how he thought I was going to "wait until the last minute". As my father-in-law is a doctor, he was really getting a kick out of JB's take on things and was responding with "Really, Dr. Strong??". :)

I have been having some hesitancy about inducing John Wyatt on the 28th. As my body continually progresses and I also continue to feel good, I wonder if it is the right thing to do to force him out, if he is already starting the journey on his own. I have been praying about it a lot and just hoping he makes his arrival a bit early, on his own, so that I don't have to get to that decision.

I know we are all anxious to meet him and knowing what day he would be arriving, would be nice for everyone to plan on, but I keep hoping that if it comes to that, God will give me the peace and confidence that we are making the right decision.

**On a side note, we had dinner at Ellerbe Fine Foods last night and it was a FANTASTIC meal. Check it out if you live in Fort Worth (http://www.ellerbefinefoods.com/). I am so glad we got to go before the little man arrives and we aren't as out-and-about capable. At first we were a little skeptical, it is on the pricier side and none of us could fully interpret the menu selections, so we just each picked a main "meat" and trusted the side pairings. Dad started with some BBQ shrimp and JB, the turkey gumbo (both finished those off, even dipping the bread in their sauces to soak up every last bit). Dad had duck, JB the sole and me the grouper. They were all incredible. We shared an oatmeal/carrot cake that was perfect for three to have a bit of "sweet" to end the meal.

3 comments:

  1. I totally understand the worry about inducing, but at the end of the day, I chose to trust my doctor who decided we needed to induce. I'm really glad that we did given how big Trent was! My doctor said if we'd waited, I probably wouldn't have gotten him out. If your doctor thinks your body is ready to handle labor, then go for it!!! That was my big concern. I didn't want to do it if my body wasn't ready, and it sounds like yours is definitely getting there - and you still have a little bit of time if necessary. :) I am dying with anticipation to see Wyatt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand about your hesitancy to induce. I really think I would have had a better induction experience had I been progressing any. However, little Miss Priss was already a week late and my doctor didn't want to wait any longer and I completely agreed due to the risks of going into 2 weeks late. You seem to be dilating and effacing (unlike me) so it should be a good experience for you! I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saying prayers for you guys! Trust your judgement and your doctors too, all will be perfectly forgotten once Wyatt is in your arms! We love you and as a side note, we have your Christmas card up and anytime Brooke shows someone your picture she says, "She has a baby in her tummy".....Steven giggles and says "no kidding?" Best holiday wishes to you guys!

    ReplyDelete