Monday, March 22, 2010

12 Weeks Old

Today marks Wyatt turning 12 weeks old. To tell you the truth, I am horrible about keeping up with his "week" birthday. I think that it is normal to move to "months" now, though, right? Here is a long update as to how he is doing lately.....


At 2 1/2 months, Wyatt is a very happy little guy. He is still a great eater and takes 5-6 bottles during the day. He still suffers from incredible reflux, but doing massive amounts of laundry changing our clothes multiple times a day and spot cleaning rugs and furniture has become a way of life. It was very frustrating to me at first, but I learned to feel lucky this is his only "flaw" and it will pass with time and know how blessed we are that his problem will be fixed within a few months and he is still growing like a healthy boy. For others who are not used to it and want to hold him - I give them warning when I hand him off and have stopped feeling guilty and apologizing profusely when he vomits on them...afterall, they were given warning and their clothes will also wash. We have a Sip-N-See coming up this weekend for Wyatt and I contemplated handing out ponchos. :)

He sleeps 8-10 hours a night. We still wake up a few times a night with him, to check on him and give him some pats on the back to soothe him back to sleep, but we wake up every morning with plenty of hours of shut-eye under our belt. We are always amazed at his ooching abilities in his bed. JB said he wishes he had time-lapsed photograpy on Wyatt at night b/c we never find him in the same place when we go and check on him. He is most fond of sleeping with his head in the corners up against the bumpers. When awake his arms and legs are always moving and he is always trying to grab at something. He is frequently called WiggleMonster by his Daddy - you'll see I can't even get both of his hands in focus b/c they are moving so much.


I am adapting very well to being a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom, yes we have our own acronym). In the beginning I had a rough time...I would watch JB get up and go to work in the mornings and I would envy him. As much as I knew my place was home with Wyatt, it was hard to feel motivated to get a shower and dressed everyday to be thrown up on and not leave the house. At this time, also, Wyatt was not at all reactive....man, how things have changed so quickly. I can't imagine not being with him all day and missing any of his smiles or coos or "firsts" (he rolled over the other day 2 times, but hasn't since, so maybe it was an accident). He goes to bed around 9, so JB only gets a couple of hours with him in the evenings during the week and I know he hates that, but is okay with it knowing I am with him all day. I can't imagine not seeing him but a couple of hours in the evening.

Wy is a super smiley boy and constant talker. Funny thing is that it is hard for us to get proof b/c as soon as we get the camera, he turns to a serious stare. Here is a pic (although blurry) of him talking to me on his changing table.


We recently got our zoo membership and I am excited to have an outdoor outing that we can go to with friends during the week. I know Wyatt won't be too interested in the animals this year, but will enjoy being outside and Mommy will enjoy seeing the animals! During the summer we can also go with my sister and the girls and that will be super fun. In preparation of springtime and outside outings, I got Wyatt a hat to protect his fair skin from the sun. He wasn't pleased with it initially, but has worn it with no screaming on a walk along the trails since this was taken.



We are so blessed to have such a beautiful healthy little boy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! He is changing so much! It's amazing how fast they grow and begin to look like little people. Wyatt still has your mouth and chin but is beginning to look a little more like JB through the eyes. Was that the hint of a dimple in one of those pictures? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, he has a super dimple on his right cheek. it is adorable and I know it will woo the ladies when he gets old. women are always a sucker for a man with dimples.

    ReplyDelete