Thursday, September 30, 2010

9 Months Old

The Top 9 Things About Being 9 Months Old

1. At my nine month appointment, I only had to get 2 shots and a finger prick!  I sat nicely for the pictures, but did not smile...afterall, I did have shots!

My stats were:

Height: 27 1/2 inches (50th percentile)
Weight: 19 lbs 8.5 oz (Just under 50th percentile)
Head: 46 1/2 cm (75th percentile - lots of brains)




2.  A couple weeks ago (Mommy is behind in blogging), I started walking with my walker. 


I am getting super good at it...going fast, using on the hardwood floors now, with only one hand sometimes, and ramming Sully with it.
 


3.  I have one bottom tooth part of the way in and earlier this week, my second bottom tooth started poking through! Mommy says this will open up a whole new world of things I can bite!  Even though I only have 2 teeth buds, I eat just about everything.  I LOVE spaghetti and lasagne. Waffles are my favorite breakfast and I have been consuming massive amounts of apple cake lately b/c Mommy keeps making it.


4.  I have learned to open cabinets.  I have actually been doing this for a while, but now I am much more coordinated and can get the things in the cabinet!  Mommy said something about "child locks" that didn't sound very good.




5.  I am starting to let go and stand for a few seconds at a time by myself...especially when I am not paying attention and staring at the TV.  I was letting go in this picture, but Mom's camera just isn't fast enough for me!


6. Trips to the zoo are becoming more and more fun as I notice more of the animals and the weather getting cooler also makes it nicer!  Here are me and my best buds, Luke and Brody at the zoo this week!  Luke's the smiley one in the back - he gets all the babes.  Brod and I gotta step up our game!




7.  I am starting to "point" with my fist now and grunt when I see something I like.  I like the camera.  As you can also see, my eyes are still very blue and my eyebrows and hair very blonde.


8.  Mommy got a little worried the other day, when I started grunting at the TV and pointing at it when it was off, like I wanted it on.  I notice and like cartoons now.  Mommy only lets me watch them in the morning while she makes my breakfast.  I really like Spongebob Squarepants, Martha Speaks (b/c it has puppies in it) and Dora. 

9. Being 9 months old is way fun.  My favorite thing to do is to cruise on everything....the only problem is that I am a little guy and they don't make footie pj's with rubber bottomed feet until 12 month sizes, SO, mom sticks these dumb rubber-soled socks over my fun doggy footies.  I don't like it, but no worries, I can usually get them off with some tugging!

4 comments:

  1. I wondered where you'd gone! Wyatt is such a cutie pie. As chunky as he is, I can't believe he's not 50th percentile in weight. That last picture is to die for of him with his feet crossed in his pj's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cutie! Love the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! We will have such cute grandchildren one day. :-) Our little Miss is only in the 10th percentile for weight and height and 25th for head size. Teeny tiny little thing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry, Hanna. She'll catch up! Wyatt started out below the 25th percentile and then slowly has made it up to "average" size. People always think he is big for his age, but I think it is just his super chubby cheeks that make him look like such a chunk.

    ReplyDelete