Thursday, September 30, 2010

Apple Cake

Continuing, what will most likely be a short stint of domestic inspiration.....this recipe is one my mom has made forever and I completely forgot about it until my father-in-law mentioned apple cake the other day. I immediately called my mom and got the recipe and made some on Saturday night. The recipe makes a 9x13 pan - J.B., Wyatt and I finished off the first pan by Monday breakfast(given, we did give away four pieces). So, Tuesday night after Wyatt had gone to bed, I went to work again, peeling and slicing up apples. It is Thursday morning and there is only one peice left!




APPLE CAKE

3-4 cups chopped (small pieces) apple - I use 3/4 Granny Smith
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups sugar
3 cups flour
1 teaspon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup pecans (optional - neither mom nor I do this)


1. Combine eggs, veggie oil and vanilla. Beat with hand wisk until throughly mixed.
2. Add sugar to the above bowl and mix in thoroughly.
3. In another bowl, sift the dry ingredients together. I never sift, I just dump together and then stir thoroughly with a fork.
4. Combine bowls and thoroughly mix together. I use a spatula .
5. When thoroughly mixed, add the apples.
6. Put in an ungreased cake pan (9x13)
7. Cook at 350 for around 50 minutes (toothpick test)

1 comment: