Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Blog Shift

As a new mom (yeah, I still consider myself new at this, even after 8 months), one of my biggest struggles is keeping the balance between being Emily, JB's wife and Wyatt's mommy. It is a daily chore to try to keep all of these in check.  Obviously, John Wyatt, has become both JB and I's first priority, but at times, I need to let myself be put on the front burner. 

I think sometimes this is especially a hard balance to find when you become a stay-at-home mom.  I used to have more of an understanding of being "out in the world", I had more to talk about than laundry, my trip to the grocery store and what I saw on the latest "Housewives of New Jersey" episode.  Many times I find myself at dinners with other adults trying to think of what to talk about other than my child.  ME, trying to figure out what to talk about!?!?!  Wow, has my world changed....I have never been at a loss for words.

It makes me happy to be able to focus so much on Wyatt, but it does sadden me at times that some of me has slipped away.

My sweet friend from college, Allena, has inspired me. We both blog about our beautiful baby boys, but she has also begun to blog about things other than her little one. I love reading her blog....THANK YOU ALLENA, I am going to turn over a new leaf. 

No worries, you'll still see plenty of updates on Wyatt (as I know that is why most of my family and friends check out my blog), but from time to time I hope to post about a book I have recently read, or something that interests me going on in the world, or even just some random commentary about a TV show.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Hardest thing to do in the world is figure out where yourself went after having that baby! Trent is the light in my life, but I lost myself for awhile. I'm so excited to see you rediscover yourself as the new and improved Em!!

    ReplyDelete