Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Spinach Quiche

This is my mother-in-law's recipe (who I think got it from her sister).  So to Aunt Sue or wherever this recipe came from...THANK YOU!  This is super easy.  It is fantastic paired with some fresh fruit. 

The surprising thing about this quiche is that is reheats really well after being stored in the fridge.  Just about 35 seconds in the micro per slice and YUM!

SPINACH QUICHE

1 frozen pie crust
2 tablespoons milk
2 eggs (I used extra large, if you have small eggs, use 3)
1 8 oz block of swiss cheese, grated (sometimes I use less if you don't want it so cheesy)
1 refrigerated package/tube of Jimmy Dean sausage (I use the regular pork sausage - I think it is 16 oz)
1 package of Stouffers frozen spinach souffle

1.  Set the frozen pie crust and the spinach souffle out to thaw.
2.  Brown the sausage.  Once finished put in a large mixing bowl. 
3.  Add the grated cheese (I usually just grate it now directly into the bowl).
4.  Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
5.  In a small bowl wisk the eggs and milk together. Pour into the big bowl.
6.  Usually the spinach souffle is still a little frozen, so I nuke it a bit, just enough to soften it, so it can be mixed in.
7.  Pour into pie crust and put on a cookie sheet, into the oven for about 45 minutes. 
8.  If the pie crust starts getting too dark, but the quice is still soupy, put foil tents around the top (on the crust ONLY).
9.  Let sit for about 3-5 minutes before cutting into it.

NOTE: This is a "before cooking" picture.  I forgot to take an after picture and we've already eaten it all.  It will get fairly brown on top.


And here is a little picture of my kitchen help, playing in his own kitchen.  He LOVES this toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment