Wednesday, November 3, 2010

That One Thing

Okay, so I'll just say that I feel like I a super competent mom.  I think I am on my game about what I need to be working with Wyatt on and thinking ahead about transitions (bottle to sippy cup, using silverware,etc).  I have always felt like a good Mommy....until this weekend.

We took Wyatt in to the doctor's office as he has had a cold and we wanted to get his ears checked - no infection thank goodness.  BUT, in passing when the doc was looking at his throat he said "there are two big teeth! we are brushing those, right?" and was about to continue on when I looked at him dumbly and said "no, I completely forgot about that!".  Note...usually I am much better at the "oh yeah, of course" save and the the scramble later to correct things, but I was just so dumbfounded. 

So, there you have it. The one thing I have COMPLETELY blanked on in the last 10 months.  I was almost too embarrassed to write a blog on it, but I figured every mom has these moments and I will have more in the future.  I am just glad that we caught my failing his dental hygiene early...wouldn't want him to have to sport a grill to kindergarten after all.

5 comments:

  1. You are NOT the first Momma to do that....I have done worse I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We flat out forget to brush Jillian's teeth all the time and she has a mouth full!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't successfully get Trent's brushed every day, these teeth all fall out anyway, so I say that is a pretty minor mommy mix-up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha - I understand completely! I've done similar things like not knowing to "clean out his ears" at the beginning, and I look back now and think - "how did I miss that". I'm sure I will have many of these moments ahead.....at least now thanks to you blog I will remember the teeth brushing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! I did the same thing until my mom asked me if I was brushing his teeth!!!

    ReplyDelete