Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Baby Bug

JB and I have always wanted more than one kid and we have talked many times about having 3, since we are each one of three.  I have had some friends become pregnant lately and it gave me a little bit of the baby bug.  Wyatt is no longer a baby....he is a toddler. He walks around, feeds himself, and no longer needs me to rock him to sleep.  For the last couple weeks I have had the bug to have another baby.  I have been telling JB I will be fine with two in diapers and close together.  We aren't getting any younger - why not have them now?

While running errands yesterday, I wrestled Wy who now arches his back and screams when you try to fit him into his carseat.  When we got home, I enjoyed a bit of quiet time while he napped.  This wouldn't be possible unless I magically got them to nap at the same time, which is about as probable as having a unicorn appear in my backyard.  While we waited for Daddy to get home from work, we shared some quiet time together reading books, again, this would be hard for me to do with two little ones wanting to go in opposite directions.

The moment has passed.....my couple of weeks of the baby bug is gone, like a "great" idea you get in the middle of the night and then rethink once you are fully conscious in the morning.  I think we'll let Wyatt get another year or 2 of running the Strong household before we burst his bubble and demand he share his title of "boss". 


My boss eating his breakfast. 


3 comments:

  1. I've got the bug, too!! Unfortuantely, it's been about 4 months and it hasn't gone anywhere.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No bug for us! Charlotte and Major will rule the roost for many years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No bug here....Brooke is an only...for several reasons, but LOVE spoiling the kid...whether they are an only or not!

    ReplyDelete