Friday, January 21, 2011

1 Year Stats

Wyatt had his 1 month checkup this week and his stats are as follows:

Weight: 21 lbs 8.5 ounces (55th Percentile)
Height: 29 inches (50th Percentile)
Head: 47 cm (75th Percentile)

He got 4 shots OUCH and he cried like crazy. Poor baby!  But by the time we got home, he was back to his happy self and didn't have any problems with them yet (these shots they say can cause fever 5-10 days after the shots).

We LOVE our pediatrician. Dr. W sits on the floor and plays with Wyatt and was impressed with how bold he was.  He smiled sheepishly and hid partially behind a chair with the doctor first came in, but within a minute was stealing Dr. W's pen and trying to flip through his chart and take his stethoscope.  Dr. W said why was a "healthy brave boy". 

When he asked if I had any concerns or questions, I asked about Wy's eczema and if there was anything I should be doing differently to treat it (right now we just run a humidifier in his room, make sure not to bathe him too much, use mild soaps and put topical treatment on it).  Doctor said it looked fine and as soon as the weather warmed up, it would probably go away.  We are so blessed that something that small is all I have concerns about.  I also asked a bit about his lack of "words" and Dr. W said he was right on track with all his babbling and since he was a kid who did a lot of physical stuff early, words coming after age 1 was normal.

Here is my big boy before we headed out to the doctor!  I can't believe how big he is getting!

check out the baby-proofing bungy cords behind him! only thing that would work on those cabinets haha.



2 comments:

  1. I found this AWESOME new eczema cream! I've been meaning to blog about it, but well, you know...I can't ever find time for that anymore! Anyway-it's Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy. I've actually been using it on myself because I get it in the winter. With just three days of use (applied twice daily), it's GONE! Try it! Oh-and I used the baby stuff because it's half as expensive as the big people stuff and probably the same recipe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly what we use and yep, it works great!

    ReplyDelete