Thursday, January 6, 2011

2011 To Do List

I have never made New Year's Resolutions that I can remember, but I thought, why not make a "to do list" for the year?  And why not post it so I am not only held accountable for getting them done, but I can see throughout the year the things I have accomplished.

I am a HUGE list maker.  Most people know that about me.  On my kitchen countertop sits a notebook that lists all the items I am going to try to get done during my week. I make the list every Sunday evening, along with my grocery list and cross it off and add to it throughout the week. 

Lists do two big things for me:

1. Keeps me focused on what is important and what is priority. 

I am easily distracted by little things around the house and on my way to simply get a soda from the garage fridge, if Wyatt is napping, I'll get sidetracked and start sweeping out and organizing the garage, head back in the house and completely forget what I even went out there for! 

2. Gives me a sense of accomplishment.

There are weeks that I wake up and go "CRUD, It is already Friday!" and I feel like I have gotten nothing done in the past 4 days.  But then I look at the list and see that I have gotten things done.

So, to the right you'll see the list. They are in no particular order and some are kind of subjective but I will mark them off when I feel they have been completed.  Note, I might add items in the future as well and will be blogging about each one individual as the year goes on.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to do 'Project 52' and am about to post my 52 goals for the year - should be fun to see how many I actually make it through. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete