Friday, January 21, 2011

Stock Show 2011

I LOVE the rodeo.  The smell of hay and farm animals.  Watching the events and cute cowboys - what could be better?!?

Being in the Junior League, I get to volunteer for the fun of selling programs.  I really enjoy it.  I get to scream and sell and enjoy the atmosphere and energy.  This year, they were kind enough to give all of us JL girls working at the rodeo season passes to the stock show and expo.  So, with two warmer days this week, Wyatt and I went for both. The first day we were lucky enough to have Nana, Aunt Amanda, Cousin Tessa and Cousin Grace join us. The next day we met up with some friends for a bit and then Wy and I explored just the two of us.  We'll be using our pass again many times over the next couple weeks!

I am always horrible about taking pictures, but got a couple with my phone and my mom took some that she passed on.  Wyatt loved it all!  I was nervous as this was the first time for him to be around big animals and I didn't know if it would scare him, but he was a bold curious boy like always!  I can't wait for Wyatt to get old enough to enjoy the actual rodeo!

Getting to see a baby goat up close with Grace.  He was pouting a bit at first, but then we let him pet his own goat he and he perked up.

Giving Elsie the Borden Cow some love at the expo

Trying on hats at the expo.  How does this one look, Mom?

Checking out the petting zoo....asking him if he wanted to go in. He gave me the nod, so we went in!

He was bold as ever at the petting zoo.  Mommy was just worried about the goats that were bigger than him.

Pony Rides

Pony Rides

1 comment: