Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Vertigo Award

I forgot to share my favorite part of my appointment with Dr. A.  When I was at the office, I noticed I was the only person under the age of 75 there.  I asked the doctor if it was weird to get this so young and he replied.  "It sure is!  Congrats, Emily, you are one of my youngest patients with vertigo!" 

I didn't know how to respond so I said "Thanks.  I have always been advanced for my age."

Oh, and I have significant high frequency hearing loss in my left ear....but we are hoping that is due to congestion and cedar fever season.

I thought my body had a few more years before it started giving out on me...oh well, you turn 30, I suppose, and it all goes to heck! HAHA. If you can't laugh at something in your situation, what can you do?

2 comments:

  1. Eek!!! That sounds HORRIBLE!!! Just plain HORRIBLE in so many ways. Do they know what causes or triggers it? Speaking of age, my grandfather has some bouts with vertigo from time to time. NO fun. Glad you have connections. How HORRIBLE would it have been if you'd have had to go to the doctor's office or to the hospital?!?

    If it makes you feel better, I had shingles a year and half ago. I thought those were only for old people. Nope. That was triggered by stress. Makes me cringe thinking about it. ;-P

    Get well soon, friend! Hopefully you'll be vertigo-free for awhile... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my sister-in-law got shingles last year (she is 20 years old). so apparently junk like this happens to even us young folks. I asked Dr. A what people do when they first get this and he said after a couple days it would get better and they would be able to more easily come into the office. A COUPLE OF DAYS....I don't know why people should have to suffer. I definitely think doctors should make housecalls like they used to.

    ReplyDelete