Monday, March 28, 2011

Blog Hiatus is Over

Seems like forever since I have blogged.  Things have been a little hectic around our house, so I'll just do one super long update blog and then hopefully will be back up on the blogging bandwagon.

Pregnancy
A lot of the blog hiatus has probably been to my morning (all day) sickness.  I have been super fatigued and barfy feeling.  I was prett sick at the beginning with Wyatt, so it is not a surprise.  I know it just means my levels are good and so I try not to gripe about it too much.  I go for my next doctor's appt next Monday, April 4th, so I'll give a good update then.  We have had our first sono and everything looked great with a strong heartbeat.

Wyatt
Just had our 15 month checkup today.  Darn genetics have finally caught up to our little guy.  We were previously 50th percentile in height and weight and 75th in head circumference. 

15 month stats:

23.2 lbs : 25th percentile
29.4 inches tall : 10th percentile
48 cm head : 75th percentile

He actually measured 29.5 inches tall at his 12 month.  No, I don't think he shrunk but I had already guessed he had not grown b/c all of his pants still fit him. 

We love our pediatrician and he said again how bold/brave of a kid Wyatt is.  He smiles shyly when he enters the room for about a minute and then goes to check Dr. W out.  We definitely don't know a stranger.  I asked Dr. W about Wyatt not having a ton of words and he said he was on-track, where as he has always been ahead with so many things, I was just getting accustomed to that. 

Also told him about our upcoming addition and he gave me a little pamphlet but said we could talk more about "big brother prep" when we came for his 18 month.  His children are also 22 months apart, so he said he could give me lots of doctor and parent advice.

Family
A few weeks ago we got a bit of upsetting news in our family.  My middle sister, Amanda, was having some strange medical problems and thru different tests and visiting doctors, they have found a tumor, wrapped around a nerve at the base of her brain.  She has been having many doctor's appts and we are hoping to have a surgery date set soon, but there is more than one surgeon that has to be involved in its removal as it is in a sensitive place.  She goes back tomorrow for more MRI's and we hope these will be the final ones that the surgeons can make a decision about the approach they will use and we will set a date for surgery.  There is only a small chance of it being malignant so that is some weight off, but her recovery will be long and rough due to the tumors location and all the things that will have to be disrupted to remove it. 

So we are taking each day and doctor's appointment at a time and doing lots of praying.  I am SO proud of her and how she is handling this.  She (and all of us) are just ready to get this behind her and have her back healthy.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your sister - will pray for her and all y'all's family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about Amanda...prayers coming your way!

    ReplyDelete