Wednesday, April 13, 2011

AWKWARD

So, my 81 year old neighbor called me during Wyatt's naptime today while I was busily doing things around the house.  She is the sweetest thing and checks on us about once a week, seeing how I am feeling and she tells me how she is doing. 

I was super distracted doing other things and suddenly my cell phone started ringing as well and I was telling her I had to go.  So as I get off the phone, in my distracted stupor I saw "Bye.  I love you.  Talk to you later!"...as though she were someone in my family or close friends.  We hung up.

So awkward.  I mean she is a nice lady but we are not super close.  You do the whole - do I call her back and tell her I didn't mean to say "i love you" but then you wonder, did she even hear me say that? So strange...I feel horribly weird about it.  I guess it could be worse...like saying "I love you" to your accountant or something.

Anyone else have an awkward phone moment like this or does it just happen to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment