Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I've Still Got It

Alternative Title: That Poor Child Needs Glasses

While walking back with Wyatt from the park this afternoon, a young gentleman (appeared to be a high school boy) in a truck pulls up beside me on the road and the following conversation takes place.
HIM: What’s your name? Do you live in this neighborhood?

ME: HUH?

HIM: Where do you go to school? What’s your name?

ME: MOM (pointing at Wyatt with a “what the hell” look on my face)

HIM: What?

ME: MOM, that’s my name. This is my kid.

HIM: Oh, I thought you were a babysitter (total look of mortified on his face and he races off in his pickup)

To his credit – I was wearing purple Nike running shorts and a grey college tshirt.  So I was dressed very similar to the way high school and TCU girls dress. And I had on large sunglasses that hid the dark circles under my eyes and the growing pores on my cheeks.

I was just sad he drove away so fast and I didn’t get the chance to tell him he was hitting on a pregnant lady in her 30s.

3 comments:

  1. That's hysterical! I wish you had been able to tell him you were currently pregnant and 31 - that would have been priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! How does JB feel about being married to high school age babysitter?!? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brought me back to when I was 8 months preggo...taking a Cont Ed class at UTA and walking on campus and a college-aged guy asked me "if I was seeing anyone" I thought I heard him wrong, but he repeated it, to which I laughed and then said "I am 8 months pregnant and married. Yes." But boy, did I feel good about my big-ol pregnant self! :)

    ReplyDelete