Friday, April 15, 2011

Paid to Parent

What is my ideal job....well, it would be the one I have  (being a full time mom) with two added bonuses - 1) I would get paid to do it.  2) JB would get to do it full-time with me. 

As I waited for my OB/Gyn this past week I was reading a trashy celeb magazine and there was a pic of Jon, quite overweight, working an hourly construction job.



Hmm..wonder if he is getting attention from hot young chics now?  I just shook my head as I looked at it.

I am not ashamed to admit that many years ago, "Jon & Kate Plus 8" was one of my guilty pleasures.  I loved watching the chaos of their house and the very OCD Kate try to keep it in check (yes, I related to her back then).  They had the perfect setup - paid to parent.  Not only were they paid to parent, but paid VERY WELL to parent and be a family.  They were able to afford an incredible home and take their children on vacations multiple times a year.  Somehow they lost track of that though....I will not put fault on a certain party b/c I do not know the ends and outs, but somewhere I think Jon's new hairplugs and too tight Ed Hardy tshirts messed with his head and caused him to lose touch with reality. And Kate's obsession with her looks and loosing sight of what was really a blessing surrounding her, caused their perfect situation to fall apart. 

Anyway I would like to just put this out there....ANYONE WANT TO PAY ME TO PARENT AND HANG OUT WITH MY KIDS AND HUSBAND ALL DAY - I WILL PROBABLY BE WAY TOO BORING FOR A TV SHOW, BUT IT WON'T END IN A TRAIN WRECK. 

CALL ME!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! I don't want 8 kids, but I would love to get paid to be home with Trent (and Brent too). :) Finished 'The Hunger Games' last night - stayed up too late but just loved it!

    ReplyDelete