Monday, April 25, 2011

Prior Read Books

So, I don't know if anyone even reads my blog all that much or takes any of my book suggestions, but I wanted to list out some books that I have read over the past few years that I liked and would recommend.  I actually own all of these (bought before I smarted up about using the FREE library), so let me know if you want to borrow one!

1.  Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen : Definitely not what I expected but it kept me interested and I finished it quickly.  You might want to read it before the movie comes out this summer.

2.  Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers :  One of my all time favorites and I DO NOT like mushy love stories.  It is actually by a Christian author and is the story of Hosea and Gomer told in a different setting (the western frontier).

3.  A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah : A wonderful story of resilience. 

4.  Saving Fish From Drowning by Amy Tan : About a motley crew of people on a travelling adventure, I read this a few years ago on our trip to Europe.  It was a perfect read while travelling. 

2 comments:

  1. Definitely will check some of these out. I love getting good recommendations. Have you finished The Hunger Games yet? I am patiently (ha - not so much) waiting on the 2nd one from the library. The 3rd one is ready for me but not the 2nd! UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Allena! I need to write a review. I borrowed the 2nd one from a friend (got it yesterday) but fell asleep after reading about 30 pages last night.

    ReplyDelete