Thursday, July 28, 2011

28 Weeks with Baby Girl

How far along: 28 Weeks

How big is baby: According to babycenter.com she is 2 1/4 lbs and about 15 inches long. 

Total weight gain: 15 lbs (as of my appt on Tuesday) - I think this little girl is going to be bigger than Wyatt - she already seems squished to me and kills me with kicks to the rib at the same time she gives my bladder a left hook.

Last Dr's Appt: Tuesday. Now I start going every 2 weeks!

Maternity clothes: Yep, mostly.  My running shorts and tees are still my standard uniform, although some days even the elastic waistbands feel a bit too confining.

How am I feeling: Eh..it has been another rough week. I have been having a lot of steady Braxton Hicks contractions, back aches and upper abdominal pain.  However, the doc gave me a thorough once-over and ruled that it is just my children giving me hell - toting around Wyatt is to thank for the BH and Baby Girl is just growing quickly and running out of room so she is crowding my abdomen. I am just trying hard to rest when I can, not carry Wyatt as much and make sure to stay well hydrated.  Staying hydrated is another issue though, as I literally go the bathroom every 30 minutes.  Wyatt has seen the inside of TONS of public restrooms lately.

Mood Swings and Food Cravings: I am ready for remodel to be over (hopefully finished up this week) so I can get started on the baby's room.  It is insane that I am already in my last trimester and not at all prepared-although I must admit that quite a few on-sale girlie clothes have been purchased - more on that later :).

Milestones: Is surviving a 100 degree July while going thru a remodel and having to find activities for an 18 month old to do out of the house and being pregnant, count?

What I'm looking forward to: Remodel being done, so I can start on Baby Girl's room. JB and I cancelled our NY trip after all the discomfort I have been having and realizing the travel would be hard on me.  But my parents are still coming up in a couple weeks so we can at least get away for an evening to Dallas for dinner at our favorite seafood place.  Also, I have decided to hire a cleaning team to come clean all the dust/remodel muck out of my house and can't wait to have a super clean abode.  I normally would do this myself but the time and energy is just not there right now.

Preparations and decisions being made: Still no name. JB's vote is still for Annie, but I am just trying to get the remodel finished and then my focus can shift to the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment