Thursday, August 11, 2011

30 Weeks Preggers

How far along: 30 Weeks.....70 days until my due date.  That sounds so soon!

How big is baby: According to babycenter.com she is about 3 lbs and about 16 inches long.  And I believe it. A few weeks ago I was SO uncomfortable and I just think my body wasn't adapting to her growth spurt but overnight it has felt like she has moved out from under my ribs a bit and that is nice.  Being able to take a deep breath is such a treat.

Total weight gain: 20 lbs - If you look back at 28 weeks, you will see that I gained 5 LBS IN 2 WEEKS.  HAHA.  The nurse had me weigh twice b/c she thought the scale was doing something weird.  From now until I delivery, I should average about a pound a week, so that is 30 lbs total gain - YOWZER.  I only gained 25 with Wyatt. 

Last Dr's Appt: Today - I go every two weeks now.  Wyatt went with me as it was easier than asking for someone to watch him and he was super good - plus the appts are fast....weight, blood pressure, heartbeat on the doppler, and measuring the belly and then we are done.  I also figure I better be able to handle one kid for an hour at the dr's office as I am about to have 2 to learn how to take places.

Maternity clothes: Yep, mostly. My running shorts and tees are still my standard uniform and I broke down and bought a couple more maternity shorts...man they make your butt look wide and flat (I like to think it is the clothing's fault not really what my rear now looks like).

How am I feeling: A TON better than the last couple weeks.  As I said before, I can breath now, have some more energy and now that the remodel is basically over (other than waiting on a few custom items to be installed) I have a much lower stress level.

Mood Swings and Food Cravings: I am in great spirits now that my house is fully mine again and just need to get my rear in gear to get a nursery together.  Food cravings....did you not see that I gained 5lbs in 2 weeks ??  I am eating everything.

Milestones: Keeping my sanity (somewhat) thru the remodel.

What I'm looking forward to: I have a cleaning crew coming to my house tomorrow to get rid of all the remodel dust/gunk and just give the house a good once-over.  This is the first time anyone but myself has cleaned the house and I am super excited about it. JB and I have discussed it and if I am pleased with their work, I might get them to come back a few times in November/December just to take the responsibility of the housework off my plate while I learn to balance Wy and Baby Girl.

Preparations and decisions being made: Same as the last time....Still no name and below is my picture confessional of what the nursery looks like right now.  I was hesitant to even disclose the state of it (I promise it is not reflective of what any other room in the house looks like and is SO unlike me but it has become the dump room for items that have no "home"). 


I should note that the cleaning crew will not be allowed to see this room and also some items will be going back into the two newly remodeled bathrooms once they are cleaned tomorrow....but that only accounts for some of the stuff :(

I think being open and honest will bring me a little bit more motivation (and probably give my poor Mom a heartattack).  Sorry Mom - don't drive up here the minute you see this - I promise we will get it cleaned out and you can help make it pretty with me soon!  To remind everyone who was not around, I am a very organized person but need a swift kick in the butt to make decisions on decor and actually get things hung on the walls - last time my mom provided that for Wyatt's room.  What would I do without Nana the Amazing?!!?

2 comments:

  1. I have totally fallen off with my cleanliness attempts. I found this website (flylady.net) and I am super excited about it - it's all about (basically) creating rules for cleaning, doing things quickly (maybe spending 5 minutes in 1 room and then just STOP when the 5 minutes is up), and lots of other cool things. You don't need it, but I am so excited about it!! -Allena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have come across her before - she has a great catch phrase. Living with CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). JB always says that is how I am, even when I have a clean houes. that is what is so amazing about that room - you would never suspect it is there by looking at the rest of my house.

    ReplyDelete