Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Shot of Vinegar

Do you have nasty residue on the inside of your dishwasher?  Do you have nasty residue on your glasses? 

I HAVE THE SOLUTION - A SHOT OF VINEGAR!

I have a stainless steel dishwasher and the inside really shows that nasty white residue. I tried changing detergents and using different rinse agents but nothing was helping.  I had read you can pour a bunch of vinegar in the bottom and run an empty load and that helps, but then my sister, Tracy, told me she puts a shot glass full of vinegar in her utensil basket when she runs her dishwasher and that takes out the residue in the dishwasher and on your dishes. 

So I tried it.  It doesn't get rid of all the residue in the dishwasher immediately (because mine was pretty nasty), but after about 5 times of doing it - NO RESIDUE!  And my glasses look clearer than ever!

I always have vinegar on hand, if you don't, start keeping it around.  It has many uses - I'll blog about more later!


I used White Distilled Vinegar.
 It doesn't smell up your dishes (something I wondered when I first did it)!  I wish I would have taken before and after pics.

1 comment:

  1. I keep meaning to buy a spray bottle to make my own mix of vinegar and water to use as a cleaner...but I keep forgetting. Big surprise that I'm forgetful! -Allena

    ReplyDelete