Tuesday, October 4, 2011

37 Weeks & 5 Days

How far along: 37 Weeks and 5 Days

How big is baby: According to babycenter.com she is about 6 1/2 lbs or a bit more and about 19 inches long.  Wyatt was 6 lbs 11 oz and a little over 18 inches long.  I guess she'll be approximately the same.

Total weight gain: 33 lbs.  I have packed it on this time.

Last Dr's Appt: This morning and here is the big news people - we are 95% sure BABY GIRL WILL BE COMING THIS WEEK.  We have been watching my blood platelets the entire pregnancy and although they went up by a point last week, they are still sitting pretty low (another 15 pt drop and I wouldn't be able to get an epidural).  So we did blood work again today and after getting the results tomorrow afternoon, we are thinking we are going to induce her now, before they drop any lower.  If they have severely dropped, we'll talk about whether we want to induce with no epi or try a steroid treatment to get them back up (but that is risky as it might continue dropping and then could lead to a c-section).  Oh, and I am about 2 cm dilated already.

How am I feeling: Physically I feel fine.  Mentally and emotionally I feel a little overwhelmed.  I wasn't expecting her to come so early and in fact was planning on hosting a shower for a sweet friend at my house this weekend (so I am leaving my girlfriends scrambling for a new location).  My house is fairly clean, most laundry is washed, but I thought I was going to have a little more time with Wyatt, just he and I and that is where a lot of emotion comes in.  I am not ready to take part of myself away from him yet - but ready or not, here comes baby girl (no, we are not 100% sure on a name yet - AHH).  JB keeps saying we are not taking anything away from him, but instead should be excited to give him a sister - a sibling - a partner in life that will share his whole story. I know what a blessing my sisters are to me and just continually remind myself of that.  He is still just a baby though and needs so much of my attention. I was telling Dr. S about my guilt today and he said that it is totally natural to feel this way, but be excited about baby girl and don't let it overwhelm me.

Food Cravings: HAHA.  Well, I had been trying to up my protein and less "junky foods" to maybe help with the blood platelets although there is really nothing you can do and apparently it hasn't been working.  SO, for the next 2 days I am going to eat CRAP as apparently it doesn't matter now.

Milestones: Well, I hit "full term" last Thursday so Dr. S is confident she is fully baked and ready to come meet her family.  Honestly, we have been saying my due date is Oct. 20th by the method of my cycles that my doctor does, but I really thought I was a week further along and by my sono a few weeks ago, I am probably accurate.
What I'm looking forward to: Meeting Baby Girl.  Not being pregnant anymore.  Getting into a normal life routine with my two babies.  Seeing my Daddy. I haven't seen him in a few weeks and he and my mom will be headed up here on Wednesday night when we get the induction time.  I am very happy that my Mom (who I am also happy to see, it is that I saw her last week, so I haven't been missing her as bad ) will be staying for a bit after Baby Girl gets here while I learn to juggle 2 kiddos.  I know she will spoil Wyatt rotten and we'll have to do some Nana-detox when she does leave, but he will need that extra spoiling as things in his world are about to severely change.

Preparations and decisions being made: So, we are having a serious NAMING discussion tonight over dinner obviously.

During nap time today, my weekly to do list will be completely overhauled....now things like "work on recovering dining room chairs" will change to "pick up stool softeners and ibuprofen at the drug store" (sorry if that was TMI - if you have had a child you understand, if you haven't but are going to - ask me about it). 

**I'll try to post a pic tonight of my big belly and some nursery pics**

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it is stressful and I can totally understand feeling torn about Wyatt not getting all your attention, but I think you are SUCH A GREAT mommy - you are going to do fantastic, and I will be sending prayers and hugs your way. Love you! -Allena

    ReplyDelete