Friday, November 18, 2011

My How the Time Flies - One Month Old

I can't believe I haven't posted in a month! Instead of trying to do detailed posts of what has been going in the last five weeks, I'll just do a quick summary.

HAPPY ONE MONTH, ABIGAIL! (I am a few days late in posting this)



Wyatt is a great big brother. He seems really unaffected by Abigail's arrival. He likes to talk to her, tells me when she is fussing and always likes to know where she is and makes sure we don't leave her behind when we leave the house (I always have to put her in the car before Wy or he starts to panic and ask where she is). He definitely gets that she is a permanent member of our family.

I am doing great. Recovery was super easy. Only thing that has been lacking at our house is much sleep but that is to be expected and is getting better. Abigail had her days/nights flipped for the first few weeks which made for a super tired Mommy. I feel I am doing pretty well adjusting to 'two under two'.  I have started to feel more confident to venture out with them on errands and even took them both to the grocery store this week (I was hesitant b/c Abigail would have to ride in the Bjorn and I was sure she was going to puke on me in the middle of our trip but she did perfectly)!

And the most important person - ABIGAIL JANE!

She is a good nurser and breastfeeding is going well, although I am seeing a lot of fussiness at random times and am now keeping a food journal and trying to lay off the massive amount of dairy I normally consume. She is a reflux kid like Wyatt, so we are back to the routine of lots of laundry and loving my find OxyClean Baby.  Even with the reflux, as she is a good eater, her growth has been good and steady, sadly she has gotten so long already that she is outgrowing newborn clothes and is now in size 1 diapers (slow down, baby girl!!).

Birth: 7 lbs 6 ounces. 18.5 inches
2 days: 6 lbs 15 ounces
2 weeks: 7 lbs 12.5 ounces. 20.75 inches (thinking they shorted her in the delivery room)
3 weeks: 8 lbs 2 ounces

Unlike Wyatt, who was born holding his head up and bearing weight on his legs, Abigail is our little long, lean bobble head.  She is so fragile and doesn't have the strength Wyatt did. However she is already starting to smile and try to coo at us. Wyatt especially  thinks it is cool.

Now here is the last 5 weeks in a few pictures!!


We dressed her up...

...and brought her home...

...and introduced her to Wyatt...

...he thought she was okay, but her toys are better...

...met Aunt Desi...
...and Uncle Tay Tay (I can't figure out why this pic won't turn!)...

..tried out our new double stroller and she went for her first walk on the trails at 3 days old...

...showed Abigail the back patio, where she will spend a lot of time watching brother play and eventually play with him...

...what she does on the back patio right now...

...little does she know what is in store of her - Wyatt is quite bossy about his mower - you have to push it a certain way.  Oh, Abigail - you and brother are going to butt heads!...

...met our sweet friend, Amy (we have an almost identical pic of her with Wyatt...

...Nana showed Mommy how to multi-task (My mom stayed the first week with us and I was SO thankful to have her and sad to see her go)...


...and started opening our eyes and interacting more (again I can't get it to turn, but I love this pic with Wyatt sneaking in the background).
...got dressed up for dinner at Rio Mambos

...Abigail had her first bath - she wasn't a huge fan. We did it during Wyatt's bath time as well.  He took it quite well, but we are now bathing them at separate times, as he so enjoys his bath time and A screaming throughout it doesn't make it so relaxing for anyone...

..."Oooh Baby!" he was wondering why she was screaming so much...

...Abigail is a diva and wants to be held all the time. She doesn't like being squished in the Moby, but she is getting used to it...she has to...

...Abigail was the only one who dressed up for Halloween. We were slackers this year - didn't even buy candy!...

...captured a bit of a smile.
  WHEW! I missed some stuff as I have pictures saved elsewhere, but that gets us a bit caught up!

1 comment:

  1. 1. You look fantastic.
    2. She is adorable.
    3. I want a new baby. ;)
    4. Maybe try a 'ring sling' - Blair hated the Moby but loved my ring sling.
    5. Yay Strong family!!
    6. Love you!

    ReplyDelete