Friday, December 16, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is again, thanks to Pinterest.  I am addicted and I don't care who knows it!

I made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies about a month ago for a Thanksgiving Potluck Party at my bro-in-law and sis-in-law's house.  They were a huge hit with young and old alike.  They have more of a cake-like density to them and the pumpkin is not overpowering at all (I am not a pumpkin fan). 

It is more of a fallish recipe but they are super yummy and could be enjoyed all year.  I got the recipe from HERE and changed a few things (adding nutmeg and using less chocolate chips).



Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

1.  Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg.
2.  In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
3.  Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in with dry ingredients.
4.  Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
5.  Add vanilla and chocolate chips.
6.  Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet or I use parchment paper and that works great. 
7.  Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.
8.  ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. I made some, too, but my recipe was a little more simple.
    1 spice cake mix
    1 can pumpkin
    1 cup mini chocolate chips

    Drop by teaspoon fulls onto a baking sheet.

    Even my anti-pumpkin husband loved them...I caught him sneaking them on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenni! I am definitely going to try that!

    ReplyDelete