Thursday, September 6, 2012

Wyatt's First Day of Preschool

Wyatt started Preschool at Arlington Heights United Methodist Church (Haupt Preschool) on Tuesday. He goes Tues/Thurs 9am-12:30.

So Proud of Wearing His Backpack
Wyatt (2 years and 8 months) and Abigail (10.5 months)
It was a long and hard decision in the spring about whether or not he (and more importantly, I) was ready for it.  Wyatt started speech therapy this summer and during his evaluation, they encouraged us to enroll him and said it would make a great difference in his intelligible speech (which is the main thing we are working on).  SO...we signed him up.

I got to ignore the thought of "school" for most of the summer and then it hit me last week.  I am not ashamed to say I spent the few days before he started with a stomachache and many tears.

We went to parent's night and meet the teacher the week before and it made me feel a little better.

So, on Tuesday, he excitedly wore his backpack all morning (had to convince him to take it off during breakfast) and when we dropped him off, he gave a hearty wave and BYE MOMMA and ran into the classroom. I walked back to the car, loaded Abby and started bawling ;)


He was so excited he wouldn't stand in front of the sign - just kept saying "in there! my school!"

Wyatt and Daddy

They said he did great when we picked him up-never fussed, picked up his toys and even said 'please' and 'thank you' often.  Love my polite little boy.

I just dropped him off this morning for his second day and when I asked for a kiss he laughed, blew me and Abigail one and when I asked for a hug he said "NO PLEASE!" and went to play with friends. 

Guess he is ready to be away from Mommy some....*sniff sniff.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You're back!! Glad his first 2 days went well. Nothing like that feeling. Trent got sent home today for his aggressive behavior...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Wyatt loves preschool!

    ReplyDelete