Monday, February 11, 2013

Roast Tacos

This has become one of my new favorites both for just feeding our family (leftovers can be eaten a number of ways) and also great when having guests over and not being stuck in the kitchen all day.

I found it on...Pinterest, or course! The Pinterest link is for this Cooking Classy Blog.

I don't have pics, but the above site does.  Just wish it had smell-a-vision.  The spices and lime make your house smell SO good!

Roast Tacos

Roast Tenderloin (I have used beef, longhorn, buffalo, etc...it all comes out fantastic) usually mine are around 2-3 lbs.  You could also use a chuck roast but I think the better cut of meat makes a big difference.

1 Can of Beef Broth
1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp cumin
1/2 tbsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Juice of 1 lime

If you have a fatty roast, go ahead and trim it.  Then put the roast in your cooker and pour the can of broth over it.

Wisk together all the dry ingredients above.  Sometimes I use more like 1 and a half the above ingredients - slow cookers tend to do a number on spices and I am a TOTAL weenie and it is has never been to spicy or overpowering for me. Pour it on top of roast.

Squeeze the entire lime over it.

Cook all day (8 hours ) depending on your crockpot (mine cooks WAY too high).  You'll notice that the spices are forming a paste on top.  I am always tempted to mess with it, but resist the urge - let it do its magic.  About 30 minutes before you plan on eating, Take the roast out, shred it and then put it back in the crockpot to soak up all the goodness.

We love this on corn tortillas with all the fixings.

The next day I love to use it for salad with shredded beef - YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment